We are located in Northern Illinois. Rabbits are available for Local Pick Up Only. I do not ship rabbits. If transport can be worked out through the network of rabbit breeders, or pick up can be arranged at one of the shows that I am attending, that's fine. Otherwise, we are available here at Leaning Tree Acres most of the time and you may call for an appointment.
I do not sell rabbits to children under 18 years of age without the consent of a guardian. I reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone should I deem it in the best interest of the rabbits.
All of our kits are guaranteed healthy at the time of sale. Unforeseen illnesses can happen, however, and so all rabbits come with a one week exchange policy. There are some conditions though:
- In order to qualify for a sick bunny exchange, you must keep the new rabbit quarantined away from other rabbits for the first week of ownership.
- No money will be refunded, but an even exchange will be made. The exception, of course, would be if I don't have any others to exchange at the time.
- The rabbit in question must be returned to me for the exchange to apply.
- No exchange or refund will be made for reasons other than illness, or the rare occasion of gender misidentification.
- Spay/neuter surgery for Dwarf rabbits is possible only if you can find a vet who is experienced with rabbits. (I recommend the Fox Valley Animal Welfare League in North Aurora, if you are local.) There is no refund if a rabbit dies under anesthesia or from complication should you choose this option. Please feel free to discuss this with me further at time of purchase.
- Note: I have never had to use this policy. It exists so that you know that I stand behind my product.
All rabbits will be sent home with a supply of transition food and a ration of grass hay. I will also provide a short informational sheet and contact information. A lifetime of "tech" support is also included. I welcome email, phone calls, text messages and photos!
You must provide a carrier for transport (even if it's just a sturdy box), a cage, and the rest of your supplies.
The rabbits all receive names for pedigree purposes (trees and shrubs for boys, flowers for girls), but feel free to change it. Ear numbers may not be changed. They are based on an alpha numeric system for identifying the rabbits from Leaning Tree Acres lines and give information pertaining to parentage, litter, and gender.
No rabbit will be available for pick up until they are 8 weeks old. This is not negotiable.